Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tips & Techniques Thursday: Stickles & Paper Tape

Good morning, Stickle-lovers! Today we are welcome our second featured guest blogger, Agnes, aka flowerdisco!

HELLO everyone, 
This is Agnes, aka flowerdisco, in this web of crafters and I am so excited Ashley invited me to share with you a what I sometimes do with my Stickles.

I make patterns with my stickles on a piece of tape (paper tape, masking tape, fabric tape) any of these will work. Stickles rock! And they adhere to anything i have tried them on, :)

First, a peek at my project!


When I started experimenting this is what I did:
  (Turquoise, Yellow and Candy Cane Stickles were used on these samples)

 You can see the first one is paper tape andIi found this roll in the floral department, the second tape is just old and plain regular masking tape from the dollar store and the last is the fabric tape I found in the first aid section of a drugstore/department store.

I also textured them: the first two were textured using a comb and the last one using a pencil eraser top. I also use the stickles bottle tip sometimes, but my favorite texture so far is the one I make with the eraser top.

---I like the mountains and valleys look--- check out this orange strip (Orange Peel Stickles)
Cool, huh?

Here is a card I made using my favorite texture, I hope you like it and try the technique-
(I used the paper tape)

...You can try anything if you ask me... Sending You SMILES Across the Miles 5" x 7" card

I also added some stickles (Frosted Lace) to the clouds---kind of zig zagged it and I added some tiny dots to to the patterned paper too (on the brown stars-like).

I added some more dots (a bit bigger) on this hot balloon die cut. these dots were done with Candy Cane Stickles.
 

Other details from my card: the dots are from a rub-on and a pretty sentiment was stamped. The heart is a punched element and was covered with Glossy Accents. The small round tag it is also another die cut. some sewing machine stitching and some cotton twine finish the details. The colorful papers are from the Echo Park "Scoot" collection -- so pretty! I hope you try it and, again thank you so much for visiting All that Stickles and thank you to Ashley for having me as a guest blogger today.

Bye now and take care!
Blogged by Agnes from Flowerdisco's Scrap Hut.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, Agnes! I have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool technique! I love how different each of the tapes look and how you gave them texture - very creative! Your card is also beautiful, by the way. :) Thanks so much for being a featured blogger, Agnes!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love paper tape and you sure rocked this technique with some echo park lovee it - hugs cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique, TFS! Love the final result! Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute & clever! I especially like the dots you added to the hot air balloon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, I can't wait to try making my own Stickled tapes.

    ReplyDelete