Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Monday, December 2, 2013

More Holiday Home Decor for Mixed Media Monday

Hello, and a post Happy Thanks Giving to my American friends.  I hope that you had a good holiday and survived Black Friday!  How about a little bit of Mixed Media Art to boost your spirits?  By the way, it's Ann from Annmakes and the All That Stickles Design Team.





Here is a picture of my newest creation that I have put up in my booth( #10, Alfred Flea Market, 4822 County Road 17, Alfred, Ontario, Canada).  Just a plug for my new venture! :)





This is a Cardinal bird, they are common in my neighbourhood and we love it when they visit us in the midst of our dreary winters, as their plumage is so cheery!  This bird started out as a piece of balsa wood that I covered with a cotton paper (Dollarama), that I stamped on with a rolling Musical Notes stamp from Stampin' Up! and some Sepia coloured Ranger's Archival Ink.  I drew the bird, branch and pine cones in pencil.  I painted with Ink Tense Water Colour crayons by Derwent.  I also used Micron permanent ink pens in black and brown.  The snow was made with a Deco Art Snow Writer pen.  I used Christmas Red Stickles from Ranger on the birds back and head, Black Diamond stickles for his eye, and some Gold Stickles for some more bling.  Finally I sponged the edges of the piece with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Ink by Ranger.  The wire handle came with the piece of wood which I picked up at Value Village for pennies!!  I really like how my lil' friend turned out and he is very popular with everyone who sees him.  I hope that you are cheered up too by my painting.  Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. تصليح مصاعد

    ReplyDelete