Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pile Up Wednesday: Thankful Frame


Hello Stickles Lovers! Welcome to Wednesday!!!! Cathy here from the ATS Design Team bringing you another Pile Up Wednesday. Are you still working on your Holiday Home Decor Project for the current linky party? I know that 'not a card' challenges make some of us think more than usual (they always push me outside my comfort zone). There's still time to join in the fun, you can post a link to your creation until Friday December 6th at 11:00 PM US CST.

I used my card making skills to create a frame that's perfect for this time of year. I used the basic card premise and made it a little bit bigger to fit a 5" x 7" frame. Here's my finished project.
I sponged the background spots with a stencil but you could use patterned paper as well. A few die cuts, paper scrap, burlap trim and a generous layer of Stickles and it's ready for display.

I used Paprika, Yellow, Gunmetal, Cinnamon and Distressed Spiced Marmalade Stickles on the leaves and die cut 'thankful'. I kept it pretty simple by outlining the leaves and following the plaid pattern in the paper. 

I absolutely LOVE the contrast of the Stickles against the burlap trim. 

This would be easy to adapt for your home by using a color scheme and shapes that fit your decor. For this project I used a pile of Stickles but since I used them mostly for outlines, they enhance without overtaking the project. I hope I inspired you and that you will join my Stickles Pile Up movement and share your creation. 

There's still time to play in our Holiday Home Decor Linky Party. Come join the party!

Thanks for coming to the Pile Up! I'll see you with another creation in a fort night.

~ Cathy, ATS Design Team

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Lots of Stickles on the plaid is a great idea to use with any plaid paper...thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this.... woohoo!!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete